Why are dumbbells are a great training tool?
Dumbbells are one of the most basic pieces of equipment in a gym. They can be used for a variety of different exercises, from bicep curls to overhead presses and even cardio!
A few ways dumbbells can help you get in shape, and stay healthy are:
- They are are great for building muscle mass.
- They are an excellent way to improve your balance and stability.
- They can be used to add resistance to traditional exercises like push-ups and lunges, making them more challenging and more effective at strengthening your muscles.
- The weight means they’re perfect for adding resistance when you’re doing cardio exercise like running.
- They are small and relatively cost effective so a great option if you don’t have much space at home OR if you are on a budget
What Dumbbell Handles Are The Best For Your Fitness Goals?
- If you are looking for a set of dumbbells to build muscle and are doing primarily bodybuilding and tempo work, then you might want to consider Dumbbells with Collars. They have a wide weight range of metal weights which you can add or remove as needed, making it perfect for progressive overload.
- If you are looking for a set of dumbbells for cardiovascular workouts, then you might want to consider Rubber Dumbbells. This way, you don’t need to worry about the collars coming off whilst training and you can drop them without causing too much damage.
How to Choose Which Dumbbells Fit Your Fitness Needs? (keynotes: what is a good weight to choose?)
A good workout with weights is a must-have for everyone. It helps to strengthen muscles, improve bone density, and build muscle mass. But how do you know which dumbbell fits your needs?
The first thing you need to know is the weight of the dumbbells. The weight of these dumbbells can vary from 1 kilogram to 50 kilograms. The reason for this variation in weight is that some people are more experienced with weights and are able to lift heavier than others.
Another factor that determines which weight will be best for you is your fitness level and goals. For example, if you’re trying to lose weight, then it might be better for you to start with lighter weights because they won’t tire out your muscles as quickly as heavier weights will.
What exercises can I do with dumbbells?
It is a common misconception that only bodybuilders use dumbbells. In fact, anyone can start strength training with these dumbbells and reap the many benefits it offers.
Dumbbells are very versatile and can be used for different exercises like bicep curls, overhead presses, bench presses, triceps extensions and more. They are also portable so you can take them anywhere with you and do your workouts in the comfort of your home or office.
Below are some exercises that you can do with dumbbells:
- Dumbbell lunges
- Dumbbell rows
- Dumbbell press
- Dumbbell Snatch
- Devils Press
- And so much more!
7 workout ideas you can do at home with dumbbells
A home workout doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, it can be as simple as picking up a few dumbbells and doing some basic exercises. Here are 7 dumbbell workouts you can do at home with just one dumbbell.
- 21-15-9 (For Time) Dumbbell Strict Press, Bent Over Rows
- 21-15-9 (For Time) Dumbbell Deadlifts, Strict Handstand Pushups
- 100 DB Thrusters (For Time) Every Minute on the Minute (EMOM) – 5 Burpees
- 4 Rounds, 1 Minute each Max Thrusters, Max Bent Over Row, Max Burpees, Max Hang Snatch, 1 Minute Rest Between Sets
- 5 Rounds (For Time) 400m of Run, 15 Overhead Squats
- 50-40-30-20-10 Dumbbell Snatches, Air Squats
- 7 min AMRAP 15 Dumbbell Thrusters, 15 Sit-up
Conclusion: Why are dumbbells great for training
Dumbbells are great for training because they can be used in a variety of ways to work different muscle groups. They’re also portable and inexpensive.
Dumbbells are a weight training tool used to build strength in the upper and lower body PLUS they are a great tool for cardio. They are often used for resistance training or for exercise, such as lifting, doing push-ups or curls.
You can shop our entire range of Dumbbells here: https://chasingbetterwodsupplies.com.au/product-category/gym-equipment/strength-equipment/dumbbells/